Saturday, April 07, 2007

Picnic in the park...

Unbelievable. Truly unbelievable. It hit +25 yesterday and was simply the perfect day. Jon had to work but I was fortunate enough to get to spend the afternoon, walking by the river with my friend Laurie and her little munchkin Adia. The weather was so gorgeous that I actually slightly "burned" my shoulders (not much but they were a tad pink) and its only the beginning of April. We finished off our walk with a delicious blizzard from DQ. Thanks for a great afternoon Laurie & Adia!! :)

When Jon finally got off work, neither of us wanted to spend the beautiful evening indoors so we decided to end the day with a picnic in the park... I can't actually remember the last time I was that content. We had such a good time just relaxing, eating, playing catch and even a little volleyball. Ahhhhh.... what a perfect day.






I think that spring is not only here, but summer may not be too far off either. We're hoping to spend Easter Sunday afternoon playing a round of golf...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous day, gorgeous people. I'm glad you had such a wonderful day. Contentment is such a beautiful thing.

Erica said...

That weather business makes me so so so very bitter... yeah; it's supposed to snow for the next two days. I live here because I love it... I live here because I love it... I live here because I love it... hmmm... it's just not working! Take care you guys... much love from the tundra!

Cyndy said...

All I can say is: Grrrrrrr......
Glad YOU got some sun, though. Enjoy it. I've decided that I want to be one of those seniors who moves to Ariozona for the winters to play shuffleboard and enjoy daily picnics in the park, once Warren and I are old and grey. Hmmm... don't think that one's gonna fly, but we'll see when the time comes. Here's hopin' that weather is coming our way soon.

Jen said...

Un-freakin-believable.

Jen said...

Un-freakin-believable.

Jen said...

x2.

Sparkalina said...

Bonnie,

GREAT pics :):)

Looks like a great day :):)

Hmm..

Might have to take Kev on a picnic.. :)

Chris and Lizann said...

Love the picnic photos!! so jealous! and i love the pic of Jon reading to his nephew- its SO cute.
i'm glad you liked the duct tape picture, i also laughed outloud when i saw it!!! hopefully one day i actually get to meet you! i guess we'll just keep blogging till then...

Chris and Lizann said...

Love the picnic photos!! so jealous! and i love the pic of Jon reading to his nephew- its SO cute.
i'm glad you liked the duct tape picture, i also laughed outloud when i saw it!!! hopefully one day i actually get to meet you! i guess we'll just keep blogging till then...

Kath said...

sounds like Oz weather and Canuck weather are starting to overlap! Ah, I miss the BC spring. Enjoy!