Thursday, May 24, 2007

My Happy Ending...

Today was a good day. In fact, a very good day. The sun was shining its little heart out, work was great and to top off an already great day, we had a picnic in our backyard with Naomi and the kids.

Unfortunately, Erich has been working INSANELY long days so Naomi is often left alone all evening. If it were me, I would have pulled my hair out by now from the lack of "socializing with adults" but Naomi handles it well ---Naomi, you're such a strong person and a fabulous mother and I admire you for it!

Anyway...I was delighted to get a phone call from Naomi when I walked in the door from work today, asking if we had plans for the evening. We didn't, so I met her at Wal-mart where we picked up a few things and then we came back to our place for a picnic. Jon BBQ'ed smokies and I asked our landlords if they'd mind us using their picnic table---of course, they said yes (they're great that way!) and we spent the rest of the GORGEOUS evening, eating and playing outside.

Konrad and Ava just warm my heart. Every time I see them, I am astounded at how blessed we are to have such an awesome niece and nephew. Naomi & Erich ---your kids are beautiful and we just love them to bits!! Thank-you for sharing them with us so willingly :)
Thanks again Noami, Konrad and Ava for such a perfect evening! Looking forward to many more summer days, picnics and "play dates" with you! We love you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bonnie,
Way to go on not giving up blogging. It seems like many people on my list of "bloggers" are no longer bloggers. Stupid facebook. It's taking over the world. Anyways, Chris and I for sure moving to Chilliwack at the beginning of July so we'll have to hang out.

Naomi said...

Hey Bonnie,

We had a great time too! I'm so glad that we can just randomly stop by, it was great to have some adult conversations. I didn't get your pictures, I'd love it if you would try to send them again.

Love you both,
Naomi