Thursday, January 25, 2007

That dang artwork...

Looks like I'll be making yet another trip into Mission tomorrow. Grrrrrrrrr... I was very upset to see that the stupid artwork had shown up only a day after it was supposed to be hung at Carrington. Yesterday was my day off so I only realized that it had been delivered today. And I was NOT happy because after looking back at our paperwork for it, I saw that they had GUARANTEED we would have it for Monday, Jan.22. Isn't it pathetic that you can't even trust a person's word anymore!? Needless to say that I have a TON of artwork to hang now, even though it seems pointless (the "top dawgs" have already come & gone) and this means another trip that I didn't really want to take. Especially when I was JUST there. Oh well...guess that's life sometimes. Mission, here I come...sigh...

6 comments:

Jen said...

There is one good thing about Mission. There is a Greek restaurant on Main Street that serves THE BEST greek salad ever. Tiff and I used to get it all the time that summer we worked in Mission together. You should get it for lunch today. Minus the olives of course. Delicious.
Have fun hanging artwork!! If I was there, I would come hang it with you :)

Heidi said...

Here's praying for no semi-truck in the ditch! See you sunday morning (hopefully)!

Jen said...

-sigh-
i miss you.

jamie said...

mission is a poophole. dont let it get you down...think of the positive things...
for example:
SO MANY THRIFT stores! so so many. maybe if you have time you can find a cool retro sundress for summer!
also...a bridge. How often do you get to drive across a bridge? and you can try and hold your breath when you drive over it...thats fun!
also...a big movie theatre. maybe you can ask for some free popcorn.
also...many natives. and they are a laid back people, and can teach us about patience.
also...when you drive back to chilliwack, you will feel happy that even though it occassionally smells like manure, it isnt MISSION! yay.

Bonnie said...

Thanks for the advice there Jame! hahaha
Just one thing though...I am going there for WORK. Don't think I could get away with all that other stuff ;)

Kath said...

Ugh, frustrating! I have always wondered about guarantees. Why do people say "guaranteed or your money back". A guarantee is just that, a gurantee! There is no other option by the definition! If you've guaranteed something, you can't have a money back option, you've made a guarantee. I have never typed guarantee so many times in one space.