Saturday, December 16, 2006

Together Again



Well last night was pretty much torture! I had originally planned to head into Vancouver with Jen's parents to surprise her at the airport, but they ended up going in really early and seeing as I had to work, that didn't pan out. So instead, Jon and I decided we would go out for supper with our friend Kevin (Jen's brother) and then go back to their parents place to surprise her when she got home. Great...no problem. But, we finished dinner at about 8 or 8:30pm and had to sit around and.....yup....wait. Cursed waiting! Jon and Kevin, of course, had no problem with that because they went downstairs to play X-Box. I killed some time on their computer for a while, but grew bored fairly quickly. So I waited....and waited...and waited. Finally at about 10pm their mom called to say they were about 20 min away. So I ran upstairs and waited by the window until I finally saw their car pull into the driveway (and yes, this is as pathetic as it sounds...but i haven't seen Jen since the summer so i was just a little excited).
I called down to the guys that they had arrived and then sat on the steps in the entry with my little bouquet for Jen. My comment to Jon and Kev was that I felt like a little kid waiting for Santa Claus to arrive! haha...I was just so impatient!
But alas, she came through the door and I got to see her wonderful face once again! Friends are truly a blessing! And I think she was surprised so that was good!
So today I get a "Jen day" and I am thrilled!! Not sure what we'll do but it is just great to actually get to hangout and not have to correspond over the phone or computer. So Jen...welcome home!! We're so glad you're back and can't wait for lots of fun times while you're here ;)

5 comments:

Kath said...

Have fun Girls!

Jen said...

Yes! It's great to be home. Hey that picture of us turned out pretty good I'd say!! You'll have to send me a copy of it. Glad we had a day together yesterday too:) Can't wait to have more!

Danish Dame said...

you guys definately are the most gorgeous people i know. man i wish i was there. you have no idea how much i mean that!
love ya

Anonymous said...

Bonnie, I love the quote at the top of your page. I like the new look too.

Anonymous said...

That last quote was from me. I can't seem to comment these days without going anonymous.=Rebekah Friesen