* Avocados (ripened)
* 1 tbsp. olive oil, plus more for pan-frying
* 2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley, oregano or cilantro (or 1/2 tsp. of dried)
* 1 tsp. finely chopped garlic
* 1/4 tsp. chili powder
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 1/4 tsp. sugar
* 1/8 tsp. black pepper
* 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
* 1 tbsp. honey
* 1 tbsp. lime juice
* In baking dish large enough to hold chicken, mix olive oil, herbs, garlic, chili powder, salt, sugar and pepper. Set aside.
* Score chicken breasts by cutting a 1/4" deep cross-hatch pattern (with lines about 1" apart) in meaty top sides of chicken (this helps them cook faster and allows flavorings to infuse the meat quickly). Roll the chicken in marinade. Cover and chill for at least 15 minutes (or overnight if you have time.
* To cook, heat drizzle of olive oil in large frying pan. Cook chicken, turning, until browned on both sides and cooked through. Mix honey and lime juice, pour over chicken. Remove from heat.
* Add diced avocado to pan, gently turning to coat in pan juices. Serve immediately.
* Serve with rice & slices of lime.
* Makes 4 servings.