Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sleeping through the heat...

We've been having an extreme heat wave this week and there's no sign of relief coming any time soon.  With the humidex, its supposed to feel like +45 by Friday.  I'm not usually one to complain about the heat... in fact, I usually welcome it with open arms.  But with a newborn, and no air-conditioning, this is feeling like way too much.  Thankfully, Callie has still been sleeping well despite the heat.  In fact, other than eat, that's about all she does.  Then again, I guess that's normal for a 4 week old :)  Anyway... here are a few pictures from the last week or so.

Callie with "Auntie" Ginny on my birthday...

Callie's famous "Garfield" sleeping position...



Dozing on a warm summer evening...

Enjoying Erich & Naomi's pool on a HOT day...


"Smile for the camera, Calvin..."

Sleeping in the shade while everyone else enjoys the pool...


"I think I'll just watch from here..." :)

Doing what I do best...


3 comments:

Niki said...

She's absolutely adorable! Hope the heat wave passes soon for you guys!

Jen Glen said...

Yep, still absolutely adorable and good to see she still has those fantasticly long fingers! Miss you guys! A little jealous of the heat, but maybe not for so long! Mom said they were even melting at their cool place, so I can only imagine!

Nini said...

Bonnie!

She is amazing...and you are doing an amazing job as a mom! She wouldn't be so happy if you weren't! Enjoy this special time with her. Before you know it she will be grown up!