Saturday, October 18, 2008

Without further ado, Aaron & Carly's wedding...

After leaving Chilliwack at 10:00pm last Thursday night, we finally arrived in Prince George at 7:00am on Friday morning. Exhaustion had taken over but that didn't change the fact that we were absolutely thrilled to be sharing in our friends' special day. We have a VERY special place in our hearts for Aaron & Carly and couldn't have been more excited and honoured to be a part of their wedding day.


The "festivities" began on Friday afternoon with a rehearsal at the church. Here is the wedding party and the happy couple...


Bestman: Silas (brother to Aaron), Groomsmen: Conrad, Darren, Jon & Manolo (all friends of Aaron)

Maid of Honour: Millie (Carly's best friend), Bridesmaids: Amanda, Michelle, Geralyn (all friends of Carly), & Kenia (Aaron's sister).

The rehearsal was followed by a DELICIOUS Columbian/Mexican themed dinner that Aaron's parents, Trever & Joan, put on for everyone. The food was absolutely incredible!!


And finally... the big day arrived. I told Carly that I would help out with the "details" on Saturday and get things co-ordinated. I wasn't thinking when we got to the church early and I placed my purse (with camera inside) near one of the aisle seats, and went off to complete my wedding day duties. Turn's out I ended up helping my friend Erica with opening the doors for the wedding party, closing them after everyone had gone down the aisle, and then re-opened them for Carly & her Dad's big entrance. This meant that I had to sneak in through the side door and ended up at the opposite end of the row that held my purse. So unfortunately, I didn't get a single picture of the ceremony. Just didn't feel right about starting the game of "telephone" with everyone in my row, asking them to pass me my purse, while they tried to take in C & A's vows and such. :) Thankfully my wonderful friend Traci sent me her pictures of the ceremony so I could put them up here for all of you. Thanks again Trac!

Aaron & Joan making their entrance...

My handsome hubby and Geralyn...

The stunning couple...


And of course, "the kiss"... Aaron did not hold back :) hehe
So cute!


I went with Trever & Joan to the formals and managed to get a few shots. It was THE perfect time of year for outdoor pictures. Though it was FREEZING, the fall leaves were absolutely breathtaking...
Aren't they a beautiful couple!?!

Michelle & Darren, the other newlyweds.
Seriously... you guys are far too attractive for your own good :)

My gorgeous friends...
Michelle, Geralyn & Amanda

The wonderful Godard family...
Silas, Kenia, Joan & Trever

The reception was held at the Hart Centre on the outskirts of town. The decorations were just beautiful! It was like a fairytale...

And of course, the dance was an absolute riot! Here are Carly & her brother Stu, ripping up the dance floor...

Stealing Jon away for a quick picture...

The "Hepburn" girls...
Michelle, Tessa & I

Getting ready to throw the bouquet...

Geralyn & Amanda's joint effort on winning the bouquet toss, complete with bowling over Carly's cousin in order to get the flower victory :)

The garter toss...
I told Aaron he had to use his teeth but for some reason, he opted not to :)


Enjoying Joan's delicious wedding cheesecake...

Buddies for life...

Now, some people might be a little embarassed that I am putting this on here, but I just had to add this short clip of the dance. This was near the end of the night and I snuck away from the dance floor action in order to get a little bit on camera :) It was SUCH a fun night!! Though I must say my body HATED me the next day for dancing the night away in bare feet. My knees and back are still recovering :)




It was definitely a tiring weekend with very little sleep, but totally worth it. We feel truly blessed to have friends like Aaron & Carly and enjoyed every minute of their wedding weekend! We love you guys.

5 comments:

hailey said...

AW pretty wedding!!!!!!! Wow, so beautiful. You guys looked so cute too Bon! You're a major babe.

Miss you guys. xoxo

Naomi said...

I'm so glad you finally posted pics! I wish I had been there, it looks like it was an awesome day for such a wonderful couple!

Trev and Rebekah said...

Thanks for posting pics. Kenia is so grown up already. What a beautiful wedding. I love that you took a video of people dancing to FootLoose. I love that song. Let me know when you are in town.

Jen Glen said...

Hey I did respond!!! I don't know where it went but I did type something into this little box and press publish!!! It went something like this...It's about time! Thanks for finally posting the pics! :) She was as beautiful as I imagined she would be. What a perfect ending to such a romantic love story! Love the sisterly one....Yeah, it was something like that!! P.S. Ok, I know what it was now. I wasn't actually logged on to google. I almost did it again!

Jen said...

Hey pretty girl! You're looking "wowza's" :) Beautiful pics from the wedding! I'm so happy for Aaron and Carly b/c I've lived their romance through you! Ha ha! See you soon!