Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Othello Tunnels

We finally got around to seeing the Othello Tunnels in Hope last weekend. Neither Jon or I had seen them in all the years we've lived here but seeing as Aunt Mo is here and is trying to fit in all the site-seeing, we made a day trip out of it as a family (except for Craig & Jen... wish you guys could have been there!!!). The afternoon started out with a picnic at Kawkawa Lake...


Then it was off to the tunnels. Jon found a steel pipe sticking out of a rock and proceeded to "pull it out." A reenactment of The Sword and the Stone perhaps... :)

The newlyweds... Viv & Rich
Mom & Pops...




Boys will be boys :)





Sheer strength people, sheer strength. I even surprised myself... :)
If you've never seen the tunnels, I highly recommend you take a little trip out to Hope to see them. Its worth the drive, especially if you have gorgeous weather like we did. I took a short video to give you a sneak peek. Not sure how clear it will be but here it is anyway...

5 comments:

Leanne said...

That looks great - we've often thought of doing that trip, but never have...I wonder, would it be better without a toddler along?

Tomorrow I teach in the afternoon, and then am busy in the evening - I'll email you :)

Annette said...

I myself having grown up here have never been to the tunnels. Derek and I keep talking about going one day but haven't been able to go yet. Looks so nice. Hopefully this summer. See you tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

It's funny how the places tourists are interested in are the last places the locals go... Well, maybe it's not that funny, but it certainly is true.

I love the one of you holding up the mountain. The magic of photography!

Nathan and Melissa said...

Great pics! It looks beautiful! I can't say that I've ever been there in the 11 years I have lived in the Fraser Valley. That will definately be a trip Nate and I need to take! :)
And re the small group - that sounds great! I will talk to Nate about it and let us know when you have more details. It will have to work for us around youth nights! But that would be wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Good thing I checked your blog today. We are heading to your neck of the woods at the end of July and need to find some fun things to do. I'll have to look this place up, it's gorgeous. Does it work to push a stroller through there?

I went to Bethany at the same time as Jen, Craig, Viv & Jon. I've been reading (lurking) your blog for some time. Thanks for the things that you write.