Sunday, February 24, 2008

the weekend

We've had the most incredible weather all week and thankfully, it held out for the weekend as well. The temperature on Saturday was sunny and +15 ... considering its still February, I can't complain about that! I'm really hoping that its going to stay because my flip flops are looking awfully tempting right now :)
We had a really wonderful weekend. Saturday was spent painting baseboards and closet doors for Susanne's condo. It was a lot of work but we managed to get it all done. We even fit in a quick 2 for 1 sundae run from DQ! Nothing like ice-cream to reward a hard day's work! Once we finished with the painting, we all met at Erich & Naomi's for a BBQ supper (it was our 4th bbq supper this week... Jon and I bbq'ed 3 other nights at our place... gives you a pretty good idea of how beautiful the weather has been!) The food was delicious and it was really fun to have some time with all the siblings and of course, our very adorable niece & nephew!


After dinner, the girls decided it would be fun to watch a chick-flick together so we hopped in the van and headed over to the video store. Ava came across this Shrek cut-out and was quite intrigued by it. We told her to stand beside it for a picture... look at how she stood so politely with her hands folded behind her back... too cute!!
She didn't seem quite as eager when we told her to give the donkey a kiss :) Today was such a relaxing day. I sang on worship team this morning at church and then we had a delicious lunch at my parents' place. After that it was back to our place for a Sunday afternoon nap... definitely one of my favorite things about the weekend :) But now its time to prepare for another week of work. Things are still going great at my new job and I'm feeling more and more comfortable each day. Thanks to all of you that have been praying for me and this new transition into a new job!

Welp... have a great week everyone and to all you Lower Mainlander's... enjoy the sunshine!!

5 comments:

Leanne said...

This weather has been amazing!! Glad your weekend was good - hope your week goes well again...
Still waiting to hear about that lunch date ;) It's reading week this week, would love to see you!

Richard and Kristy said...

the sunshine sounds so wonderful at this point. I'm truely looking forward to spring. Just hoping it comes our way soon as it really tried hard to snow yesterday! Oh well I know its on its way!

Naomi said...

The pictures of Ava made me laugh out loud. I'm so glad you guys invaded on Saturday, we should do it more often!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that your weekend was so refreshing. It seems to come just in the nick of time eh?

Although our weather has not been as premium as yours just the 6 minutes of extra daylight everyday has been awesome. Like good news for the winter weary soul.

Judy said...

You do a great job on the worship team...I so enjoy it! And I'm glad to hear your job situation is working out well.