Sunday, September 30, 2007

The Grand Finale

I'm in the mood to post and seeing as I didn't get a lot of great shots at the wedding this weekend, I'll post about that once I get some better pictures emailed to me from my friend Kim.

So for now... Rome.

I realized that I had never concluded our Mediterranean Cruise update and some of you may have wondered why I never posted anything about Rome. Well... to be honest... I completely forgot about it. I hadn't looked at our pictures for quite some time, so when I was sorting through our pictures on the computer this week, I came across the "long lost" Rome pictures :) So to satisfy my blogging 'itch,' here is a little picture post about Rome. It was probably the biggest highlight of our entire trip. We saved the best for last...

Just outside St. Peter's square... (not too sure why they call it a "square" because its really more of a circle but whatever :) ...
St. Peter's Basilica...
One of many intricately painted ceilings in the Vatican Museum...

The Colosseum...
"Gladiators" outside the Colosseum... we watched them rip off some young tourists by scamming them into taking pictures with them. The tourists thought they were just being nice and were shocked when the gladiator asked them to pay 10 Euros for the picture... I snuck a picture for free :)

Here's a little video of some "buskers" we came across as we waited to get into the Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel. They were really good and it made the wait much more enjoyable...


View from the Colosseum...
Inside the Pantheon...

The Trevi fountain...


Our final night in Rome-- the Shade-o-Matic Farewell dinner...
Boarding the plane in Rome...

Hopefully we'll be able to go back to Europe again someday and do it on our own schedule with less rushing around and more relaxation :) But it was definitely a trip we'll NEVER forget!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved the dress Bonnie. Very pretty. And Rome was gorgeous as well.

Also, I cannot wait to see pics of Izzy's wedding! :)