Friday, August 24, 2007

A sneak peek at the "BEFORE" version...

I promised a while ago that I would post pictures of our new place so here are a few. Keep in mind that these are BEFORE pictures, as in, we've been busy painting and some things will look different once we've moved in. Basically everything downstairs will stay the same (for now anyway) but everything upstairs is in the process of being painted. Unfortunately, its been a bigger job than we had originally hoped because the previous owner was a terrible painter and hit the ceiling with every stroke on the walls. Therefore we've had to paint ALL the ceilings upstairs and in the stairwell... NOT a fun job. But we finally finished ceilings the other night and will start on walls today. I didn't include pictures of our double garage, downstairs room, main level bathroom, patios or upstairs bathroom--- but you get the picture :)

DOWNSTAIRS: The Living Room...
(I actually just found this painting a few weeks ago and was thrilled at how perfectly it works above the fireplace. Don't worry, the cardboard corners still have to come off and it needs to be hung on the wall but it will be great once its up!)
Below: The far right will be the dining area...

The Kitchen
UPSTAIRS: The Office
(and yes, I have already taken down the awful drapes that the previous owner left behind!)
Guest Room
(soon to be a much nicer color than this ELECTRIC yellow :) It may not seem that bright in this picture but trust me, its really bad.)
The Master Bedroom
(there is also an ensuite to the right but I only took one angle of this room.)
So there you have it. Like I said, only a few pictures but for those that have been curious about it, hopefully this gives you an idea. I'm pretty excited to see the final product and will be sure to post pictures once everything is complete and we're unpacked. (Which may take a while so you'll have to be patient!) Just to give you an idea of colors for the upstairs, our master bedroom is going to be a really dark, chocolate brown (Benjamin Moore HC-68 Middlebury Brown) and the ensuite will be a deep red (BM HC-62 Sundried Tomato). The guest room will be a sort of sage/olive green (BM 2144-20 Eucalyptus Leaf) and the office will be a medium-dark brown (BM CC-510 Buckhorn). I'm still debating about the upstairs bathroom and the hallway but hopefully I'll get it figured out soon. I must admit, even though I work in the interior design field, it sure is a LOT harder to decide on colors, etc... when its my own place. I've somehow become a lot more indecisive :)

The other reason for this post is to let you know that it may be my last for a while. Our internet is getting transferred on Monday and I just found out that our townhouse's location doesn't have High Speed access. I am just a little choked about this because guess what that means.... yup, brutal old dial-up. Just the very thought of dial-up makes me want to cry so we may have to switch services and arrange for something else. I use the computer WAY too much to have to endure dial-up :) So if you don't hear from me for a while, that's the reason.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their summer... or the very weak excuse of summer we've had that is :) But at least the sun is shining today, so hopefully it'll last the rest of the weekend. And I'll be back to blogging as soon as possible :)

5 comments:

Tim Epp said...

Congratulations on the new place. Looks very nice.

Jen said...

babe...everything is going to look great as always with your hand in it. can't wait to see the finished (or moved in) product at Christmas :) and i can't live without you blogging so get that darn high-speed! hee hee. Have a fabulous weekend! Praying for you and Jon and I'll see you soon.
love ya!
j-la

Janelle said...

it looks good even in the BEFORE pics! can't wait to see what you do with it next!! love you!!

Anonymous said...

Bonnie,

So good to see you my dear. As you posted, it was short, but oh so sweet. Your house looks amazing! I think you have impeccable style. Someday I'll have a house and fly you to wherever I live for a consultation (and coffee!) :) We had a great time in Kelowna. Too short. Hopefully next time we'll be able to stay for two weeks.

I'm ready for work again. It's always nice when you can say that. (Because ready or not I'm going back in the a.m.!)

Can't wait to see more pics of the house! I'm so excited for you. :)

Leah said...

hi bonnie! your new place looks great! i look forward to seeing what you do with it!