Sunday, July 08, 2007

Part 4- Dubrovnik, Croatia

Figured I should try to get a little further on my update of the Mediterranean so here's a post about one of my favorite spots on our vacation. This was the last stop on our cruise before heading back to Venice...
I'll admit that I would have never thought of Croatia as a place to stop for vacation but after spending an afternoon there, my view of it has completely changed. In fact, Dubrovnik was one of the places that we visited, that I would love to go back to someday. It was absolutely exquisite and I so wished we could have had longer to explore this delightful coastal city.

Terra cotta tiled roofs, brilliantly blue ocean, quaint gift shops, delicious food, an unbelievable stone wall all the way around the old city (that we were able to walk along). I could go on and on. Just see for yourselves (even though the pictures hardly do it justice)...




















So if you're ever heading to Europe and get the chance to stop in Croatia, I HIGHLY recommend Dubrovnik. We literally only had a few hours there but I would have preferred a few DAYS. Its a must see!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sister Leah lived in Croatia for a couple of years in the 90s. She loved this city as well... I'm not going to try to spell it. It looks as gorgeous as I remember from Leah's pics and description. So awesome that you got to go there!

ruth said...

my sister-in-law is from Croatia and she always tells me that Dubrovnik is the best place in the country! I've been to a couple of their seaside towns, but that ones defiantly on my list. thanks for the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jon and Bonnie,
Great pictures of Croatia. My uncle from Vancouver just returned last week from a 3 week stay in Dubrovnik, he's a travel/calendar photographer. Great to see you guys at Adia's party yesterday.
See ya, Al and Heather